A Group on Insight Timer helps Teachers communicate and engage with their followers and the community in real-time. Group Administrators, Moderators, and Members can post, chat, recommend content, and meditate together in one space.
Groups are great spaces for teachers to promote their new content releases and upcoming Live events, as well as to have a space for discussion and reflection.
WHERE CAN I SEE MY GROUP ON THE APP?
Your group(s) will be shown on your teacher profile
ARE TEACHER GROUPS PRIVATE OR PUBLIC?
For Teacher Groups, you can create groups depending on your preference. It can either be of the two (2) options below:
- Public Group - anyone can join
- Private Group - only the Administrator can allow users to join
CAN I ASSIGN SOMEONE ELSE TO HELP MANAGE MY GROUP?
Groups are managed by Administrators and Moderators. To put it simply:
- The Administrator is the creator of the Group. They hold the responsibility of managing the Group.
- The Moderator is appointed by the Administrator to 'monitor' or oversee the Group.
To ensure that everyone enjoys a safe and comfortable space with everyone else in the Group, here are some tips and guidelines for Managing Teacher Groups.
- A Group may choose to have specific guidelines that are separate from Insight Timer's Community Guidelines that group members should adhere to upon joining.
- Group Administrators can write these guidelines as a Post or include them in the About section of the Group.
- All Group Members (Administrators, Moderators, and Members) should provide genuine profile information and not impersonate someone else.
- Please do not upload a profile photo/avatar that contains nudity, depicts violence, phobia-triggering images, or any symbol/image that may deem offensive to the members of the community.
POSTING & PROMOTIONS
- Please post only relevant content to the Group. No external links, email addresses, websites, or platforms should be shared in Groups.
- Do not promote a commercial enterprise or business.
- Please do not ask for personal information (e.g. email addresses)
- Do not spam (unsolicited private promotional messages are considered spam).
- Do not post copyrighted material.
- Do not send private messages from other users without permission.
- Do not cross-post the same message to more than one Group (where you are not the admin).
Teachers who do not follow the above guidelines will be permanently banned from Insight Timer after being flagged 3 times.
KEEPING THE GROUP SAFE
If you see another member violating any of the Community Guidelines, simply:
- Report users by tapping on the user's profile photo (avatar) to bring up their profile page, then tap on the flag icon.
- Report comments/posts by tapping the flag icon next to a comment/post
- Or you can Contact us directly here.
NOTE: Group Administrators or Moderators of private groups may remove posts or users from the curated Groups if a breach of guidelines occurs.
In case there is a Group Member that might be in a crisis, or any other person may be in danger, here's a link with emergency resources to provide members in need with immediate help.
REPORTED POSTS, COMMENTS, AND USERS:
Members who are found to have breached or infringed our Community Guidelines may be:
- Temporarily banned from posting
- Removed from the Group
- In extreme cases, permanently banned from Insight Timer
Thank you for keeping the community safe by adhering to these guidelines.