Live Events are a great way to engage with your audience and the wider Insight Timer community. To support you in your mission to share your work and help people, there are a few ways you can make the most of your session.
TEST YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION
Nothing ruins a live stream quicker than bad internet, glitches, pauses, and pure drop-outs, it's a bad look for you and disrupts your sessions flow. We recommend testing your connection using www.speedtest.net. Make sure your download/upload speeds are at least 10Mbps/5Mbps, and preferably 50Mbps/20Mbps. If you don’t have a good connection, then consider a different location or switch between Wi-Fi and your cellular network.
Find out what technical equipment you need to go live on Insight Timer here.
HAVE A COMPELLING CURRICULUM
A great title alone can’t do all the heavy lifting. It’s important you spend some time planning your session with a clear vision of what you’re going to cover. Having notes that you can see when you’re looking at the camera can help you stay on track. We've put together some content ideas for your live event here.
GET THE WORD OUT
Regularly promoting your live sessions makes all the difference. Share the link for your live event on your social media accounts, website, email list, etc., and encourage your followers to share with their friends. You may do this with the following:
Share via the Teacher Dashboard
- Log in with your Teacher Account on the Teacher Dashboard.
- Click Live Events located on the left panel of the Teacher Dashboard.
- Log in again with your details.
- Scroll down to see all your events.
- Click the arrow button. A pop-up window displaying options were to share will appear. Choose which platform you prefer. You may also opt to just copy the link.
Share via the App
- On your iOS or Android device, log in with your Teacher Account in the Insight Timer app (make sure it’s the latest version)
- Go to your Profile. Your Live Events are displayed here.
- Select which Live Event you'd like to share and click the share icon on the top right of the event card.
SET THE SCENE
Once you’ve found a location with a good internet connection, plan the ‘look and feel’ for your live stream. Consider how the location, lighting, and sound quality reflect your brand and your message. If you’re using your phone, make sure your camera can be supported with a tripod or on a stable surface.
CREATE YOUR NEXT EVENT
We recommend having at least 2 live sessions scheduled at any one time. At the end of every session, we’ll promote your next one. You’ll also be able to talk about your future live streams, which will encourage our community to join you on a regular basis. Here's how to create a Live Event and some tips for a great session.
Learn more about Live Events for Teachers.