For premium tracks and courses, we're requiring teachers to submit only studio-quality audio.
The audio quality of content on the app greatly impacts the response your track receives, from the number of plays to the quality of ratings and reviews.
It is worth taking the time to make your recording sound as good as possible. Remember people will be meditating, so any sounds in the background or microphone interferences can cause immediate distraction.
The audio should be authentic, and genuine, reflecting the teacher's voice. Please do not use AI-generated audio recordings.
We know not everyone has access to a recording studio and have compiled a list of tips to help you record the best quality at home:
- Find a quiet recording space. We recommend recording in a densely furnished small room. Carpeting and thick curtains help absorb sound reflections. Avoid places that echo and hard-tiled rooms like a bathroom.
- Use a good-quality microphone. Many of the best microphone companies now make USB microphones that run directly into the computer without needing external amplification. Here are some examples. For iPhone and iOS users we’d highly recommend these microphones.
- Install and operate free recording software. For Mac users, GarageBand is the best software solution. Another good option for both Mac and PC users would be Audacity, which is free.
- Source background music to further enhance your meditations (completely optional). If you do use music, please make sure you own the rights. Here's a list of sources of royalty-free music.
- Once the file is recorded, the recommended audio settings are:
Sample Rate: 48khz
Maximum file size: 500mb
VOICE RECORDING ENHANCER
If you've recorded a guided meditation, podcast, or talk and it still has background noise, you can try using this free speech enhancement software from . Please take note that this is just a Beta version and only works for voice recordings.
If your track was recorded in a live environment, we recommend you upload it as a "free track" instead of as Premium content and please be sure to mention in the description that it was recorded during a live session.
You can listen to our Learn to Meditate course as a reference for high-quality audio.
We reserve the right to reject premium content that does not meet high-quality audio standards.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.